Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Flight

The sepia pages were comforting, I thought. It was a rewind button in my cassette player.
As the lamp casts its light, my eyes flickered somewhere between sensibility and surrealism.
I drifted away like a sailboat in midair. The sound blew me away. With eyes closed, I searched its origin. Your heart and soul lingered in the air waves. It was hypnotic. Every chord you hit was a statement I never comprehended. I never did, for it knows no reason. My sailboat danced carelessly to your melody. Like a child I swayed. Like a child I hummed. You froze, until you turned your head. The brilliance of your eyes faded as you stared at me. I was suddenly regretful.

A familiar aroma infiltrated my senses that brought me back to my chair. The sepia pages still lie in front of me, luring me. I immediately stood and mustered all the strength left in me. Though my knees were shaking I managed to run away from it. Never again, shall I play its game.

No comments:

Post a Comment